Includes our Cookie Statement
Please note we operate under UK data protection law and as such that of a data controller and we will securely store and process your personal information which you have provided to us. We are registered Under the Data Protection Act 1998 and our registration number is ZA287611.
What personal information we collect from you?
How is your personal information is stored, kept safe and processed?
How do we we your personal information?
Whether we share your personal information with anyone else?
Are there any age restrictions?
How long do we keep your personal information?
How you change your mind about receiving marketing messages.
What about Social media.
How to access to personal information plus keeping it accurate and up to date.
How to contact us.
- What personal information do we collect from you?
- Personal data is any information that allows someone to identify you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone numbers, email address, as well as any information about you that is associated with it..
- Your personal information is retained when you become a member or fill in any form on Website, contact Snowresort, or complete a form for competitions, offers, discounts and promotions.
- The personal information that you provide to us, will only be used for the purpose you gave it to us for, unless we inform otherwise at the time of giving the information.
- Snowresort may from time to time collect information from you which will be for creating what is called de-personalised data, which means it does not does not reveal your identity. We collect this data in order to improve the products we bring to you or on some occasions for other internal purposes. This information is only used in de-personalised form and is not connected to any name, email or other personal identifying information.
- How is your personal information is stored, kept safe and processed?
- The personal information you give us, may be processed both in and outside the UK. When you submit your details from the country you are situated you agree to the information being processed in the UK and within the EU.
- Although unlikely, Snowresort may also process or transfer your personal information outside the UK (and possibly to places outside the European Economic Area, which is all EU member states plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein). We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any transfer of your personal information to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area, whose laws may provide for a lesser standard of protection for your personal information than that provided under European law, shall have adequate protection (such as model contractual arrangements as approved by the EU).
- The Website and our hosting servers, are based in the UK and we have taken all reasonable steps to ensure they have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to protect against unauthorised or unlawful use of your personal information as well as the accidental loss, destruction or damage of your personal information whilst under our control.
- However it is important to realise that no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and although, we are striving to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
- How do we use your personal information?
- At Snowresort we process people’s personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with services and or goods, through our partners, that you have requested and expressed interest in.
- Developing, monitoring and improving our websites and the services we provide with.
- conducting market research.
- running competitions
- providing you with discounts and other similar benefits
- you will always be able to opt-out or unsubscribe from these messages.
- send out email alerts you have agreed to receive, which you will always be able to unsubscribe from these messages.
- To process any complaints or enquiries made by you or legally on your behalf.
- we may also be required to disclose your personal information to authorities who can request this information by law that is binding on Snowresort
- Whether we share your personal information with anyone else?
- On occasion we may disclose your personal information to partners of Snowresort who supply services to you on behalf of Snowresort and who need to process personal information in the provision of such services. When you request goods and services from Snowresort, you are agreeing that we can disclosure of your personal information to Snowresort’s partners who may provide such goods and services under contract and they have guaranteed to our satisfaction that they have put in place robust processes in place to ensure the security of your personal information whilst in their care.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If a substantial amount of our assets are acquired by a third party, resulting in personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- We may disclose de-personalised data about users of our Websites in order to describe our customers, traffic patterns and other site information to prospective partners, advertisers, investors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but this information will never include anything identifying you personally.
- where we have to defend ourselves legally.
- To enable us to comply with the mandatory requirements of a government department collating information.
- to protect or defend the rights or property of Snowresort Publications Ltd or anyone using our services.
- Apart from this, Snowresort will not disclose or release any of your personal information to any other third parties without your consent.
- Are there any age restrictions on supplying personal information to us?
- Should you be under age 16, then you need to obtain your parent/guardian’s permission before and whenever you provide personal information to the Websites. If you do not have this permission you are not allowed to provide us with personal information. If we become aware that you are under 16, we will not accept such information and we will take steps to remove such information from our records. This can require us to have access and verify your age.
- How long will we keep your personal information?
- It is our intention only to hold your personal information for as long as is necessary.
- Changing your mind regarding marketing messages.
- When you register on our website or respond to one of our offers, notifications etc., we will ask you to make choices about receiving further marketing communications from us. Should you wish to stop receiving marketing communications from us, you will be able to unsubscribe or opt-out, or you can contact us and we will make the changes for you.
- Cookies are digital items of information that our website transfers to your hard drive to retain and sometimes track information about you or allows us with our affiliate partners to receive income through our scheme. Cookies are commonly used with all websites and ours won’t harm your system. They help you to get the most out of your visit to our Websites.
- The type of information collect is if, your IP address, browser type for administration process.. Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser to prevent that, however, this will mean you are not be able to take full advantage of Snowresort.
- For your security cookies are specific to the server which created them and therefore can’t be accessed by other servers, which means they cannot be used to track your movements around the web.
- There are two main types of cookies:
- Persistent cookies. These stay on your computer until they expire or are deleted.
- Per session cookies. We only use these whilst you are visiting our website and they are deleted when you leave. They remember you as you move between pages, for example recording the items you add to an online shopping basket.
- Gather customer journey information across our sites and fulfil any of your requests.
- Store login details for the secure sections of our site.
- Store inform about your marketing choices to improve your visit to our sites.
- To tailor our services to your interests and preferences.
- Remember your settings on Website.
- Ensure your privacy when you visit our secure sites
- To enable our affiliate partners to identify members of Snowresort and allocate discounts where appropriate and pay us affiliate payments.
- Social Media.
- We work with a number of social media platform, from time to time you this involves cookies and transfer of data. By clicking on any links from or to Snowresort with these social media networks you have agreed to this action to take place.
- We do not control how your personal information is collected, stored or used by such third-party sites or to whom it is disclosed.
- Access to personal information and keeping your personal information accurate and up-to-date.
- You are entitled to see the information we hold about you. If you wish to access the personal information held by us please feel free to contact us
- Provided we are legally able, we will provide you with copies of all the personal information we hold about you, on payment of a nominal administration charge of £10.
- To do so we are obliged to request that you provide us with identification so that we can be certain that you are entitled to receive the requested information.
- We will happily update your personal information if you let us know of am=ny errors.
- How to contact us.
If you do not understand or wish to discuss any matter relating to your personal information then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Important documents and links
Copyright: 2017 Snowresort Publications Limited.
*Data controller is a legal term used in the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) to signify the person who controls what to do with any given personal information. As a data controller we have registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office and our registration number is ZA287611.
It was great to hear the good news on Friday that Italian ski resorts are all set to open for the 2021/22 season. An indication