A ‘thank you’ from DSUK to Crystal Ski Holidays
Thank you to all Crystal Ski Holidays customers and employees for making our charity Disability Snowsport UK (DSUK) partnership such an incredible success. You’ve raised a truly staggering £68,000 during the last year and in the last seven years since our partnership began, you’ve raised well over £320,000.
As a small national charity with a huge remit, funding like this is crucial in allowing DSUK to pursue our mission of giving skiers and snowboarders with a disability the opportunity to be able to ski alongside the non-disabled as equals at all ski facilities and resorts.
This donation will allow members to continue to experience lessons with specialist instructors and equipment in all UK indoor snow centres, therefore providing access to skiing for disabled people who might not normally be able to participate. It also means that we can continue to work closely with Crystal to provide holidays of a lifetime as part of our activity weeks programme throughout the winter.
Fiona Young, CEO DSUK said:
I can truly say that without Crystal’s support over the last seven years DSUK would not be here now. From everyone at DSUK a huge THANK YOU for all your continued support and we look forward to carrying on this relationship long into the future.
How did Crystal’s overseas and UK employees raise this money?
- Organised events throughout the year to support the charity and Crystal customers donated generously;
- Crystal Christmas, end-of-season and summer party donations from employees;
- Team Austria organised hundreds of activities including fancy dress skiing and lift pass deposit donations;
- The team in France organised fun filled activities including clothes and activities auctions, pub quizzes, an office swear jar and end of season barbecue;
- Team Italy ran various events from race nights, bikini skiing, auctions & prize giveaways;
- Crystal Ski Holidays customers donated nearly £1500 directly towards the DSUK campaign “Make a Million Friends”.
Note on Disability Snowsport UK (DSUK)
Disability Snowsport is the UK’s leading charity providing access to adaptive skiing and snowboarding for people with disabilities. Their work changes lives with therapeutic, physiotherapy and social benefits, allowing individuals who take part to develop new skills which they can transfer to their everyday life.
To take part in a sport such as skiing or snowboarding there are numerous barriers to overcome, including access to slopes, access to specialist equipment and one to one instruction. The charity aims to give people with disabilities access to snow sports at a cost equivalent to that which an able-bodied person would pay.